The Gathering

forum
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:51

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 22  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2007, 21:10 

ακλά, τα ίδια λέγαν και πριν το home :lol:

αυτή τη φορά εχω ένα λόγο να τους πιστέψω πάντως

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2007, 22:10 
Always
Always

einai mia emmesh apanthsh sthn yenyenikh parainesh, egw etsi to ermhneyw

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2007, 20:10 

http://rapidshare.com/files/40456265/in ... n.pdf.html

παλιά αλλά καλή

Post subject: Re: [interviews]
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2007, 13:54 

συνέντευξη του χανς τον ιούλιο
μεταφρασμένη απο το αγαπημένο μου βαβελοψαράκι

THE GATHERING were always a genuine bank... not only if it around went delivering qualitatively best food but above all also in the reference to original, creatively surprising and goose-strike-producing innovative kind. The debut ' Always ' was a milestone of the Gothic Doom Death, the successor ' Almost A Dance ' a something slates, but nevertheless delightful transition to something new one (natural with new singer) and since ' Mandylion ' bezauberte the small, sweet Anneke van Giersbergen not only the Metal and man world, but each fan of musical and gesanglicher art. Unfortunately now, after 13 years also this chapter of the Dutchwomen goes to end. How reports, Anneke communicated its door and the shock over it sits with us still deeply, even if the first impressions of the sound of their new project are naturally very promising AGUA DE ANNIQUE. Nevertheless we contacted now THE GATHERING Drummer and initial member Hans Rutten, in order from him beyond the official statements a few more exact information to received... (also Anneke have we tried to contact, however so far still unsuccessfully... perhaps/hopefully fold this nevertheless still) (Hage)

hello Hans. Probably you have to answer slowly full it to this question, but perhaps you can briefly describe at the ANCIENT SPIRIT magazine the reasons for Anneke's desicion to leave the band

After 13 years of co-operation Anneke leaves THE GATHERING. She is not any longer want to make music with us and solo one will continue working. That is the shortest statement which I can give you. More details experience you in the FAQ Blog on our homepage [ the official statement that volume and of Anneke finds it in addition with us into the Juli-news - to Domo ].

It was to be read that Anneke on the search for new challenges is. Did no personal problems of or the like go to that vorraus?

From our point of view, no!

How was the relationship, in these thirteen years, musical and/or private between you and Anneke -?

We were naturally friendly. One cannot play so many years together in volume without a private relationship among themselves!

When you from their decision received and as it it to you communicated?

she called me and said that she stops. That was sometime in February this yearly.

Anneke is trademark for THE GATHERING . Which thoughts go to one into such one moment through the head?

That was of course a shock. But with something distance one sees new possibilities. A Tuere closes and two doors opens!

Were there attempts Eurerseits it umzustimmen? (α??)

Not really. We did this one year ago several times as it already once to already stop wanted. At that time we could induce it to continuing. This time that did not succeed to us! But we all have to continue and continue the strong need.

And if someone has the intention to really stop, why one should try it then a further times of it to divert?
It does not make a sense with someone in volume to play, which would not like this any longer really. It is hard, but life continues!

If you permit us a small view behind the window blinds, how such a thing runs off with THE GATHERING? How do you go generally before if it times to discrepancies within that volume, all the same in which form, do come? That is if one a partnership terminated like. There gives no special proceedings.

In the InterNet (http://www.aguadeannique.com) one already finds Songs of Anneke's new volume. The sound does not differ so far too much from the newer THE GATHERING material. You also times had considered, AGUA DE ANNIQUE under PSYCHONAUT to signen or would be the taboo for you?

Urspuenglich had we the intention with PSYCHONAUT RECORD albums other volume to bring out, but with THE GATHERING we already are at the notice. It is very much work.

On 4 August Anneke plays τηε last show with THE GATHERING (Ankkarock festival, Finland). How expect to her this Gig, which will be more usual no?

I do not have the quietest notion like it will be. Personally I am gladly if that here past am. It is as if one would have a corpse in the cellar, if you understand which I mean. We all want to make a clean new start, but there still this pending Gigs is to be completed. I love it live to play however I am gladly if it past am. ...

and after their parting? Is the separation a separation on all levels
? Yes, definitely! Keyword PSYCHONAUT RECORDS.

Bedeudet the separation from Anneke automatically also their retreat from the label?
Yes.

And how well or how badly can you today of the incomes with THE GATHERING and/or PSYCHONAUT RECORDS to live?
We lived times on the music making. But now we must umschauen ourselves all after a job. We will withdraw ourselves for, perhaps two years. Thus no routes play, but only Songs write and take up. The pleased not straight, is however necessary. I think give us fresh inspirations. Shortly I begin a place on the intensive care unit of a child hospital.

What for information you should interested applicants send? Naturally demo admission and...? ...
a biography. Your application sends us on audition@gathering.nl.

How many applicants announced themselves around the job at the micro to you? Also is a singer possible with you again?

So far we have 170 demos and to still contact us people. Yes, we will work with security with a male voice. We are still at the Ideensammlen however the current conditions are to work with several singers. With unknown like also (very much) well-known, considerable singers.

You to the sample singing a classical Casting will organize or only one handful more erlesener to you will invite?

We cannot say that now yet. I think invite... You constantly work on new material. If the suitable Stimme(n) found you it also soon again a new album will give, usually a route follows which.

Our readers ask themselves now like THE GATHERING in the future the Songmaterial from the Anneke era Live one act. Will the fan this Songs be able to enjoy to far Live one or it at this point a CUT will give?

With that routes is something over which we do not think. We will routes however it could also be that we two albums releasen and then only again routes. It is located still everything in the stars. But it smells after a large "CUT". It is a new era and we develops itself further. That is naturally difficult. I do not know whether we will play still old THE GATHERING Songs. Everything is open.

Had to lay down you the thought THE GATHERING and with new volume start?
Even if Anneke does not belong to the original LINE UP, then it marked nevertheless the most important and most successful time... That is an option which we keeps itself still open. THE GATHERING freeze and with new volume begin. That depends on many things. Present it would be to be put not correctly the volume on ice. It would arouse the appearance Anneke would be THE GATHERING, which simply not was is!

As with mit-Komponistin and Interpretin Anneke would have naturally also rights at THE GATHERING Songs. Will it make in their new volume of this right use?

I do not know. That must ask you it! To come but over again on the Songwriting. When hearing experimental and spacigen sounds, in particular with volume from the Netherlands, I have unterschwellig always a Brise grass smoke in the nose.

Holland was long time outrider which Liberalisumus with soft drugs concerns. How is the today?
Is Kiffen for you still another inspirative source or has it smoking in the meantime abgeschworen?

No. Sometime the time comes where the Kiffen bores, or nervt. It is outstanding medicine however I thinks we our portion of drugs had.

Which will the inspirativen sources for the next album be?

Momentarily we are in the experimental stage of the album. We write a few topics and speak about it. We speak also about our expectations to the new album. It is to be able to say still too early around somewhat to it. We try at present many euphoric, faster Tempobeats out, perhaps but it will fail at the end still many more slowly and more doomiger. We publish only albums, of which we are convinced 100%ig. Sowas can take years. Perhaps we write two new albums.
Everything is possible. At this point we cannot exclude anything! ...

and how much will frustration be in the new material? Now does harder, rockigere disk expect us particularly a Anneke you leaves?

I think this am now somewhat too personal for a correct answer. That is natural a large setback in our life, our friendship and that volume. I do not believe however that it has a large influence on our music. It can be natural that I see in one year totally differently.

What do you wish yourself at present very most for the volume?
To compose and create a beautiful album. That is the most important. All further will follow.

If one throws a small view into the past of THE GATHERING sees one completely clearly like successfully the volume with Anneke at the micro developed. For me as a fan of the all first hour "Mandylion" and "Nightime Birds" were a hammer blow ". As you the Deal with CENTURY MEDIA in the bag had became your sound suddenly experimentally, more slowly and also somewhat more progressively. Were there no seductive thoughts to depress among you at this time now fully the accelerotor pedal and commercial to make charttaugliche skirt music?

No!

To make the simplest way around money, correctly?
No, that was a our goal and that it will be also never never! We are proud on the fact that we can take on so many volume influence. And in order to be times honest - the whole Gothicmetal scene nowadays is boring. No experiments, and they all try to sound directly - the money because of. That is too much commerce!

Can you do us after all the years THE GATHERING a comment to each album, importance for you and your development please in each case deliver - perhaps with Ankdoten - begun with "Always" up to "Home"?

Oh, that would be too much.

Would it be OK ONE if I me an album herauspicke?
"How ton of Measure A planet": Already ten years old and, as I think, our masterpiece. , a healthy mixture from experimental, melodischen and coolen Songstrukturen and it sound still always fresh contain one our best Songs. Regard I the material personal "If_Then_Else" with "Amity", "similar to park" and "Saturnine" as the best, but production is somewhat bad. to "souvenirs" ton of Measure A planet "rests upon directly with" How. I am very proud on the album. "Home" was taken up in a church. That was a large experiment however it well succeeded.

Are how important or were the following volume in your development?
PARADISE DRAWS/TO MY DYING BRIDE/ANATHEMA "Gothic" inspired us heavily. It is to be seen young always beautifully from MY DYING BRIDE to play to routes and. Nice chaps, great volume. Also of their attitude - the sogannte "English kind".

BJORK
Great woman. It dares which. A very much inspiring person.

PORTISHEAD/MASSIFS ATTACK/TRICKY
The Bristol sound. SUBSTANTIAL ATTACK made a classical album with MEZZANINE. Those are great of volume. Triphop is cool!

KING CRIMSON
had to never immerse the need or the time in their music. Perhaps sometime times.

ULVER
Chris is a supertype. Talentiert and authentically. "Perdition town center" is a masterpiece (Jawoll!!! - Hage). Its voice has somewhat very pleasant. Greatly!

DEAD CAN DANCE/LOREENA McKENNITT DEAD CAN DANCE -
if they together are charmful it, if both solo ones are miss I something. They need each other. A great Diskographie... LORRENA do not know I well enough around me an opinion to form. In each case we wish you the very best for the next chapter with THE GATHERING. That applies also to Anneke and their new volume. We are convinced that further on successful ways will change you both.

Thanks many times, Hans! You of acres welcome. Cheers!

να το και το λινκ να μη γκρινιαζει ο κυριος μοντερατορας (μπας και κανει και καμια μεταφραση της προκοπης. Ε φανταστικε κύριε μοντεράτορα?για να μαστε και σιγουροι οτι καταλάβαμε ο,τι έπρεπε να καταλαβουμε)
http://www.ancientspirit.de/intervie/thegathering1.htm

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2007, 15:47 

Χωρίς πλάκα, διάβαζα τόση ώρα και ήμουν έτοιμος να αρχίσω τη γκρίνια πριν δω το link στο τέλος της σελίδας :lol: Θα το κοιτάξω και φαντάζομαι πως θα καταλάβω αυτά που πρέπει για να τα επιβεβαιώσω. 8)

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2007, 16:34 

Αποδίδω απλώς σε στυλ αφήγησης τα σημεία που είναι περίεργα στη μετάφραση ή παρουσιάζουν έτσι κι αλλιώς το μεγαλύτερο ενδιαφέρον:

- Κάτι που δεν είναι εντελώς ξεκάθαρο στην μηχανική μετάφραση: Η Αννούλα είχε ζητήσει και πέρσι να φύγει. Τότε την μετάπεισαν, τώρα δεν τα κατάφεραν. Έτσι η μπάντα ήταν ήδη προετοιμασμένη για τα μελλούμενα.

- Η Psychonaut αρχικά προοριζόταν να κυκλοφορήσει δίσκους και άλλων καλλιτεχνών, αλλά ήδη οι Gathering τους τρώνε πολύ χρόνο. Ο χωρισμός Anneke και υπόλοιπης μπάντας θα συντελεστεί σε όλα τα επίπεδα: τουτέστιν η Anneke αποχωρεί και από την Psychonaut. Μάλλον θα αποσυρθούν για δυο χρόνια, χωρίς ούτε καν περιοδείες, και θα ασχοληθούν μόνο με τη συγγραφή και την ηχογράφηση νέων τραγουδιών. Ενώ πάλι υποστηρίζει πως ζουν από τη μουσική τους, τον χρόνο αυτό που θα αποσυρθούν (ο οποίος θα τους φέρει νέες και φρέσκιες ιδέες) θα ψάξουν ο καθένας για μια κανονική δουλειά (ας πούμε ο Hans έχει ήδη κλείσει θέση στην εντατική μονάδα ενός νοσοκομείου παίδων).

- Οι οντισιόν συνεχίζονται. Σίγουρα θα δουλέψουν και με αντρική φωνή. Η γενική ιδέα δεν είναι ακόμη ξεκάθαρη, αλλά κατά πως φαίνεται θα δουλέψουν με άγνωστους αλλά και (πολύ) γνωστούς τραγουδιστές.

- Όσο αφορά την ζωντανή απόδοση των παλιών τραγουδιών (εποχής Anneke δηλαδή), ο Hans δηλώνει πως δεν σκέφτονται ακόμη τα των περιοδειών. Μπορεί να περιοδεύσουν, αλλά μπορεί ακόμη να βγάλουν δύο άλμπουμ και μετά να ξεκινήσουν περιοδείες. Μπορεί επίσης να μην παίξουν καθόλου παλιά τραγούδια. Όλα τα περιθώρια είναι ανοιχτά.

- Είναι ακόμη ανοιχτή η επιλογή να παγώσει το ζήτημα Gathering (όχι να διαλύσουν, παρότι η ερώτηση μιλάει για διάλυση, αλλά να μπουν στον πάγο) και να ξεκινήσει μια νέα μπάντα με άλλο όνομα. Αλλά δεν το θεωρεί σωστό, καθώς τότε πολλοί τότε θα θεωρήσουν πως οι Gathering ήταν η Anneke, κάτι το οποίο δεν ισχύει.

- Στην ερώτηση αν η Anneke θα χρησιμοποιήσει στη νέα της μπάντα τα δικαιώματα από το υλικό που συνυπογράφει στους Gathering, ο Hans απάντησε ότι καλύτερα να ρωτήσουν την ίδια.

- Τον ρωτάει επίσης (χοντρικά) αν παίρνει την έμπνευσή του από τις ουσίες :green: που είναι ελεύθερες στην Ολλανδία. Απαντάει πως όχι, ακόμη και το "ποτό" το βαριέσαι κάποια στιγμή, και πως ήδη έχουν πάρει their fair share of drugs :green: :green:

- Αν και όπως λέει είναι ακόμη νωρίς να μιλήσει για το περιεχόμενο του νέου δίσκου, αλλά αναφέρει πως προβάρουν πιο ευφορικούς και γρήγορους ρυθμούς, αν και στο τέλος μπορεί να καταλήξουν ακόμα πιο αργά στο τέλος. Μπορεί να γράψουν και δύο δίσκους. Το σίγουρο είναι πως το υλικό θα πρέπει να τους πείσει 100% για να το κυκλοφορήσουν.

- Ποτέ δεν ήταν στόχος τους το εύκολο χρήμα, και ποτέ δεν θα είναι. Εϊναι υπερήφανοι ως μπάντα που μπορούν να επηρεαστούν από τόσο πολλά συγκροτήματα. Χαρακτηρίζει την gothic metal σκηνή "βαρετή, χωρίς πειραματισμούς, όλοι προσπαθούν να ακουστούν ίδιοι εξαιτίας των χρημάτων"

Αυτά εν ολίγοις από μένα. :flower:

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2007, 17:05 
Always
Always

Nice job Mixalh :flower:

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2007, 13:40 

http://www.stalker.cd/index.php?lang=1& ... 23&&lang=2

The Gathering: The End Of An Era

At Finnish Ankkarock festival it was time to say good-bye: Anneke van Giersbergen, the voice of The Gathering for 13 years, played her last concert with the band to have more time for her family and her new project Agua de Annique. It was a melancholic moment. Before the gig keyboarder Frank Boeijen answered questions about past, present and future of The Gathering.

How are you feeling?
I`m ok, thank you. We had a nice dinner last night in the city of Helsinki.

Where did you go?
In a place called, I don`t know, but it was, something, I think with a sign with a devil. The kitchen was open until 4 o`clock in the morning. (Must have been Manala, near the Government building, the ed.)

There`s also a night club next to it, were you dancing there?
No, we weren`t dancing. We had dinner there at least until 2 o`clock in the morning. Had some beers, it was very nice.

Was it a time to celebrate or a rather sad moment?
No, we were actually very neutral with it. We know it`s the last gig with Anneke but … We didn`t do that many gigs anyway in the last 2 months. I think 3 or 4 in total and…you know, this is the way it goes. It`s not just a gig but it`s a gig. We have to do that. We try to do our best for it, make a good show.

Did you talk about music and your future?
Yeah, of course. Actually with the 2 other boys, Hans and Rene, the two brothers who started the band and me. I was there from almost the beginning and Marjolein, our bass player, we are really tied together now. We also did some rehearsals to write some new songs already, so we are very eager to go on. And we talked a lot and we did a lot of things already music-wise.

Are you already looking for a new singer?
Yeah, yeah, we opened a gmail account where people can upload their own demo. We try to find maybe some interesting stuff from there. And also a lot of people who want to try to help us so we will see. First we have to write some new songs and then we can see what kind of direction the vocals will be.

Are you rather looking for another female singer or a male singer?
Maybe we`re looking for even more singers, you know. Maybe it will be an album with more singers than just one. I think it can be very interesting. There are some more examples of bands who do that these days and it`s a very interesting thing. Especially for The Gathering, it could be very interesting.

Are you planning to go into a different direction music-wise then?
Not that much actually. It will be atmospheric music but we always try new stuff as well. I`m sure it will be recognizable as music from The Gathering.

Is there any chance you`d include more Metal elements like in the early days?
I don`t think so but I think the dark elements will be there for sure. Cause we all like dark, gloomy music very much and of course Metal is that kind of music that has it in it, you know. We like it a lot but I don`t think that we will be searching for that particular sound which we made 15 or 20 years ago. It`s gone now and we always try to do something new.

In the Metal scene today, the whole thing has become a lot more crossover. So today it`s no longer a problem to include other elements in your music. What`s your opinion about that?
Yeah, I think you`re right. It`s a very diverse world we live in now and very fast and people pick up lots of different styles. We`re not afraid of that but we are just going to do what we feel, what we have to do. Trying not to stick to one genre. We always try to search for crossover elements from other music as well, like Hip Hop, ambient music, classical music or more like Progressive Rock things. Lots of interesting stuff is happening, so why just stick to one genre?

Do you feel you have been very courageous back then when you changed your style?
I don`t know. Those are things that just happen, you know. We didn`t think about it that much and I think that`s also the best thing to do. You shouldn`t think too much with music just play it. It`s the feeling, you know. It`s the best thing, for me at least.

When you made your last album “Home”, did you already know back then that it would be the last one with Anneke?
No, no, we didn`t know. The plan was just that we try another one and she will go. ´Cause everyone knows that music sales are decreasing very much for everyone in the music business. So for us it will be a difficult time. It`s difficult because you really depend on shows and not album sales cause album sales for us is not really interesting. We`re not like a hit machine, we don`t make hit singles and we don`t want to either. We just had a plan to see how this will work but we were also eager to go on, also with Anneke but she chose another way of direction.

Were you surprised by her decision?
No, no, no, not really because it`s a thing you will see coming. We`re not a band who is talking a lot, we`re not really the talking types but you see those things coming, of course. But she made her decision of course earlier than we went to the press. So we were really used to the whole thing already that`s why we maybe are a little bit detached from it already. It was not a very big surprise.

Did it also have something to do her family, taking care of her child?
I think so, yeah. She has a child now, she`s a mother, she has a husband. So it`s totally understandable.

The last concert with her is in Finland, was that somehow planned or was it a coincidence?
This is just how things go. Cause we just agreed all we do is the last festivals which are booked and this one was booked very early. We set a date, in August we stop and there weren`t any festivals coming in August so this is the last one. Yeah, it`s funny cause we had a guitar player from the first two albums – his last show was also in Finland.

Looking back into your career, is there anything you would think was a big mistake?
Frank: Not really, no. It`s all pros and cons, all the decisions we made. A lot of decisions had a lot of cons, choosing a very good record company, for example but on the other hand, what other options did we have anyway? There`s a lot of things you can put into perspective. It`s not that simple, of course when you look back it`s always simple. And most things are quite complicated.

Was there something you felt was really, really bad but turned out to be good in the end?
Hmm, have to think a little bit...That`s a bit hard to think of…Sometimes when you`re working with a new producer and back in 1998 some of us were really in doubt of him [Attie Bauw, the ed.] but in the end it was really, really good. We recorded “How to measure a planet?” with him but it was not like we thought that it was bad but we were like: hm, that`s a really strange atmosphere but it turned out to be really, really good. But that was just because we didn`t know what will happen. That was the reason.

What`s the most absurd thing that happened to you?
(thinking a long time) Yeah, there were absurd situations like for example in Mexico where the people are really, really crazy. We did an opening for a record store and we had a police escort to go to there and then back to the hotel. Really with 4 or 5 police men walking in the street cause people are so fanatic there. It was really nice cause they all have good means. In Europe we don`t have that anymore, it was in the time of The Beatles but in Mexico and South America things like that happen. Of course, we don`t know what to do with it. That`s quite absurd.

Do you prefer the big shows or more the medium sized festivals?
We like the medium-sized festivals cause they have good equipment, good stage, we have space, you can build all your setup. It`s not too massive, you`re still attached a bit to the audience, I like that.

Do you have a favourite festival?
Not particular no. I like a lot of festivals everywhere. I like it more when it`s more blended, metal and pop music. I don`t know about this one but I think this one`s pretty blended. More rock-orientated but lots of other things.

Last words?
I hope it will be a great show. I think so.

Post subject: Re: interview
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2007, 09:40 
Third chance
Third chance

yawn....ta idia kai ta idia...toso dyskolo einai na kanoun mia prototyph erwthsh stis TG synenteyxeis? Exei ginei toso typopoihmenh h forma twn erwthsewn pou den exei kan nohma poio bandmember einai apenanti... :roll:

"We are just one string on a spiral web....and it's a good spiral web..."

http://myspace.com/SpiritualDivineDimensions

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2008, 19:42 

In de Aardschok van januari 2008 lees je alles over:

ILL NIÑO -- AYREON -- THE GATHERING -- AVANTASIA -- SERJ TANKIAN -- JUDAS PRIEST -- PATHOSRAY -- LANA LANE -- RITCHIE KOTZEN -- FOR SELENA AND SIN -- FAIR TO MIDLAND -- STATE OF ART -- THE AGONY SCENE -- HEAVEN SHALL BURN -- THE MARS VOLTA -- ENEMY OF THE SUN -- SHAM 69 -- BACKFIRE! -- BLACK FRIDAY -- TOXPACK -- AFI -- THE OCEAN -- MALLUMMEH -- DIRGE -- ISOLE -- VESANIA -- LEGION OF THE DAMNED -- NIFELHEIM -- LAY DOWN ROTTEN -- STEEL ASSASSIN --

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2008, 22:12 

^ Συγκεκριμένα με τον Χανς σε ένα δισέλιδο (πρακτικά μία σελίδα) που κάτι λέει για το DVD, για την Άννεκε και για το κουτί της CM αλλά στα ολλανδικά οπότε ξέρετε. Ακριβώς δίπλα υπάρχει κειμενάκι για το Air (άσχετο). Σκανάρισμα όταν ανανήψει το σκάνερ μου :P

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2008, 11:06 

ανενηψε?

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2008, 11:10 

23/11/2007

Fresh interview with The Gathering

Hello guys. It's really good to have you back to Romania, at least in words. So first of all, many fans are wondering what's The Gathering going to do in the near future. I mean with the vocals, because the details of this vacant seat are pretty limited. No one knows anything about this.

Hello there! As soon as we have something to say about vocals, we will. But we will take our time and it could take a while before we have found the right people. For sure we will work with more and different vocals, both male and female, but as I said, it takes time.

The Gathering

After Anneke's departure, did you ever think about splitting up?

No, not splitting up. To put the band in the fridge for a while, but not splitting up.

You're the main founder of The Gathering. The name was taken out of the first Highlander movie. It symbolises a gathering of the immortal warriors. But now with this departure, do you feel that this name still represents the essence of the group?

It represents the essence of the group more then ever, I think. We will work with more people, more vocalists, so we are really a Gathering right now.

I know that the band member's have some side projects. Can you tell us something about them?

Rene is playing bass in Drive by Wire, Frank is doing his solo project Grimm Limbo, Marjolein is playing guitar in La Dimanche, and I am singing every day for my little baby.

The Gathering

What was your general impression about Romania and the concert at Artmania Festival? What about the last show with Anneke? What was the general atmosphere?

A bit sad, of course, because everybody knew about the split. But I enjoyed it a lot, talking with a lot of friends from Anathema and the people from Within Temptation. It was cool.

So can you tell us something about the musical direction that you're going to take in the future?

It will be a big suprise for us too. I will not say anything about it. It will be good. Expect a release in 2008 or 2009.

Let's talk a bit about your latest DVD, intitled A Noise Severe. The feedback on this material was huge. Did you had any kind of expectations? And speaking of the concert, what are your feelings when you watch the DVD? Do you miss Anneke?

No I don't miss Anneke. She made a choice, life goes on. We have to go on. It gives us a lot of new, fresh ideas. We can work with different vocalists now and this is inspiring. We didn't had any expectations when we recorded the DVD.

The Gathering

It was a huge proces to record in Chile, but everybody was friendly and helped us out. We made a beautiful DVD, we are very proud of. It's a beautiful ending of an era.

Are you planing to come back to Romania in the future?

Yes, we hope so. We will see when and what the future will bring.

Is there a certain song that you guys play to warm up before a show?

No, everybody is doing his or her own thing, playing chess, watching a movie. I like to listen to some music before going on stage.

Who influences you musicaly?

Mogwai, Godspeed, Radiohead, Arcade Fire, to name a few..

Is the Gathering you main job? I mean, do you have regular jobs like other people? Is it a profitable buisness?

I have a little job besides The Gathering and Psychonaut records. I work at the Intensive Care of a children's hospital in Rotterdam, Holland. I like to do something besides music. And it is very inspiring.

The Gathering

Did you think about getting a male voice in the band? It would be quite a daring move.

We will see.

With what band did you enjoy playing the most?

I had a very good time with the guys and girl from Paatos, nice, friendly people.

Ok. So that was the end of the interview..in the end if you would like to say a few words to the Romanian fans, because there are some..actually many:)

Hope we will visit your lovely country asap! Thanks! Cheers! Hans Rutten

Take care and we are looking forward to some new songs:)

This will take some time, for sure. :o)

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2008, 14:34 
Always
Always

Malista. Kala ta leei o Hans, estw ki an den exei pragmatika nea na pei. Swsth h antimetwpish ths erwthshs gia thn Anneke.

Den h3era gia th douleia tou sto nosokomeio, entupwsiako.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2008, 20:46 
Always
Always

Egw pali den hxera apo pou eixan parei to onoma tous :oops:

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2008, 23:14 
Always
Always

Basika den eimai sigouros kata poso isxuei auto. An nai, mou kanei entupwsh pou den to eixa ma8ei nwritera.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2008, 19:28 
Always
Always

νομίζω ότι παλιότερα υπήρχε και στο φακ της σελίδας τους. τώρα βασικά δε βλέπω να υπάρχει φακ. πάντως ισχύει, θυμάμαι να το έχω διαβάσει.

edit
τελικά είχα αποθηκεύσει κάπου αυτό το φακ:

Origin of the name of the band [by Frank] ::. -

The name the Gathering has been made like eleven years ago when we started this band. We were all between 15 and 17. We were watching a lots of movies those days. One of the movies spoke about immortality and tat you could kill the immortals with cutting their head off [it's the first Highlander Frank is speaking about]. In the first part of the movie, they speak a lot about the gathering. There will be a gathering once with all the immortals. We though it was a nice name for a band, and that's how we created this name. And you can feel it's a cool name for five people who come together to make fine music.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2008, 19:56 
Always
Always

:lol: Koita na deis, kai o logos pou apofasisa prwth fora na tous tsekarw htan logw tou onomatos, epeidh mou 8umize Highlander. Full circle. Destiny. Auta einai. :P

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2008, 21:47 
Always
Always

emena apo to magic: the gathering :green:

Nemo ante mortem beatus

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2008, 14:47 

http://www.blastbeat.nl/29/01/2008/the- ... ans-rutten

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 22  Next