The Gathering

forum
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:48

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: interview
PostPosted: 13 May 2008, 15:32 
Always
Always

fantaros, sti skopia.

Nemo ante mortem beatus

PostPosted: 13 May 2008, 22:50 
Always
Always

Mac-T wrote:
Pou?!

Τσος! 1-0!

(το "Τσα" ειναι ασιστ για το "Ρος" οποτε λεμε "Τσος")

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2008, 23:38 

Βρε για δες, βγάλαμε όλα τα κόκκαλα και ο λαιμός πλέον είναι μιααα χαρά! :green:

Η συνεντευξούλα λοιπόν του Hans στο ελληνικό Rock Hard:
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2008, 23:39 
Always
Always

thanks mike! (ti xalia analysi einai auti re si?? :lol: :lol: vale toulaxiston 250 dpi nteeee)

Nemo ante mortem beatus

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2008, 23:40 

Δε φτάνει που δούλεψε το σκάννερ επιτέλους :P

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2008, 23:43 
Always
Always

yo-xoxoxo ti leei aleko ekei gia tin Sanctuary??? :wink: :wink: :tw: :tw: Mh mou peite loipon oti den sas to eixa pei auto to 2006 otan evgaine o diskos.

Nemo ante mortem beatus

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2008, 00:57 
Always
Always

Thanks Mike, oraia i sinenteuksi

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2008, 20:48 

sound severe???

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2009, 00:28 

http://3voor12.vpro.nl/artikelen/artikel/41682644
και με τη βοηθεια του ψαριού
http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_ur ... =Translate

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2009, 20:37 

μια μια ξεφυτρώνουν οι συνεντεύξεις
ciudad metal

μηχανική μετάφραση μεν, κάτι βγάζουμε δε

Quote:
Silje Wergeland, the new voice of The Gathering: “Nobody would have to think that I am replacing to somebody”

Published Maria C. Friday 3 of April of 2009

Slight task has loaded on its shoulders the Norwegian Silje Wergeland. After months of uncertainty and speculations, The Gathering revealed that until then vocalista of Octavia Sperati it would occupy the vacancy left by the venerated Anneke van Giersbergen, after a game that bequeathed several albums of cult and a voice elevated that it to the category of musa. But the Scandinavian is not scared by the inevitable parallels that the hearing will establish.

In one she interviews exclusive right with City Metal, and in the middle of the agitation by the next launching of “The West Pole”, the album that marks to its debut like singer of the Dutch band and the return of the musicians its rockeras roots, although without losing the remarkable capacity to create atmospheres have turned that them into a referring one forced for the cultores of the sort, Silje she counts why one approached The Gathering and sends a warm Chilean greeting to his fans, those who in a moment she hopes to know.

- You waited for a so warm reaction from fans of The Gathering when they revealed the first cuts of “The West Pole” through Myspace?
- You are in the correct thing, we received many and very sweet commentaries of welcome. He was totally overwhelming. By all means beforehand it hoped that to people it liked the new songs and we were quite safe that we had made a good album, but you never know and this was in truth a little more than we hoped.

- Why you looked for the position of singer in the band and what it will happen to Octavia?
- It was in a point in which already it had begun to look for other things that to do and Octavia was very not occupied in the time in which I contacted to The Gathering. In Octavia we were feeling that the band did not occupy the first priority in that then. Then we decided that it was good time to congeal the band during the last summer. So far there are no future plans with Octavia. It enchanted to touch to me there and The Gathering is offering another approach me to music which is an pleasant challenge. It enchanted to me to compose and to sing the songs of “The West Pole”, I suppose that everything is passion by music. The music of The Gathering arrived to me direct at the heart and immediately I wanted to create the lyrics and the voices. Also I believe that they have made some really wonderful songs in their previous albums and was important for me to be able to relate it to those songs. And by all means it is an honor to touch next to these boys.

- You have felt some type of fear or apprehension by the comparisons logics that will arise between you and Anneke van Giersbergen?
- Hehe, good, is quite obvious that whatever arrives at a band that has had a successful member it will feel a little pressed. But I only can do my work the best thing than it can and not think all along about my predecessor. I do not believe that nobody had to think that I am replacing to somebody because nobody can be replaced. This one is a new phase for The Gathering. His last singer decided to leave the band and to touch next to other people and The Gathering wanted to continue touching, to initiate a new era, to make something and fodder different that the majority of will understand it to people of that form.

- How you would describe the new disc?
- The album has many atmospheres and at the same time it owns that attitude rock with elements heavy and MGP. It would say that it contains elements of each one of the albums of The Gathering, but at the same time you feel something fresh in him. You can hear that it is The Gathering, but also listen to new elements in which The Gathering also is good. I do not believe that the goal of the band was to experience much, its main intention was to make an album oriented towards the rock.

- You wrote all the letters, which was your level of participation in the composition process?
- I wrote all the lyrics that I interpret. René made the majority of the songs of the album, but Frank also created some. Most of the songs had “pictures” more or less done when I integrated myself. There were vocal lines nor no letters, so I did what I interpret in the album. By all means that was cooperation in the songs and a few changes here and there so that the result was the best one. Also I have a single song to the piano that I did and touch I myself in the disc.

“I HOPE TO GO TO TOUCH TO CHILE SOON”
- How you think that they will sound good the old woman songs in your voice?
- At this moment we are trying some old songs and we thought that they are working rather well, but will have to hope and to see how it will be live.

- The Gathering owns a very special place within the Chileans. It is between his plans visiting soon to show the album to us the South American public?
- Yes, the boys have to me counted how wonderful has been them to touch in Chile. I believe that you also have a very special place in the heart of The Gathering. I hope, and I know that the rest of the band also, to touch there in a moment. it would be fantastic!

- You could send a greeting to Chilean your fans?
- Yes, as I mentioned in the last question, really I hope that we pruned to go and to touch in a moment in Chile. Again, thank you very much by the amiable welcome that they have given me.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2009, 07:27 

http://www.lordsofmetal.nl/showintervie ... 65&lang=en

Quote:
‘The West Pole’ is everything but just another album for The Gathering. It marks the leave of Anneke van Giersbergen and welcomes the new singer Silje Wergeland. Earthshaking but also offering a new challenge but they knew how to cope with that from earlier experiences, they were always able to come out with a positive result. This time too and that feeling is supported by the nice conversation that was held in Nijmegen’s eldest café. Drummer Hans Rutten was there for us…

Text: Winston

I don’t want to focus on it too long but still, Anneke’s announcement of leaving must have hit you hard, or did you saw it coming anyway?
We did see it coming yeah. She told us that she couldn’t pull the weight anymore so at first we thought it was best to give her all the space and time she wanted. The band on hold for two or three was a possibility for us. But she didn’t want that either she wasn’t up for it anymore. The way she left wasn’t too nice from her side but that is between us really. We dealt with it now and it is time to move on and that is what we are doing.

How strange and sad at the same time. You achieved and experienced a lot together and now to let it end like this…how remarkable is it that she soon after her leaving already told to the press that a future collaboration certainly would be possible again with The Gathering?
I agree and I think it’s just very lame of her to say that. It will not happen and she very well knows that. To flirt with the idea is not done really.

And I think you are not the kind of band to keep that door open…
No, that door is closed indeed. I read what she said and I think that’s it’s not sensible to come out with that after a few months already. We discussed taking a long break on several occasions but she didn’t want to do that. So why still flirt with the idea? We grew into her presence on the foreground, deliberate or not, sometimes with a record company behind it. I’m relived we are done with that fact, her being placed above the band…

Clear. And then, what were the first ideas on continuing?
We let it sink in for a few weeks and Rene, Frank and myself discussed this after a little while. Marjolein told us early one that she gladly would be involved if and how we should continue. We did some writing but that went very bad. We were sounding so very sad. We then decided to focus on total different stuff in our lives for half a year. We didn’t start again untill January of 2008.

Did you start work with a certain expectation?
It would stand or fall down with the material we would come up with. Rene was very driven and I think that ‘The West Pole’ is very much hís album. He grabbed the bull by the horns contributed lots of ideas as well as Frank. We then realized that as a band we were still alive so we announced auditions for new singers, male and/or female. At first we wanted to use five or six singers, not just one person. We wanted to search a little and make this album a stepping stone. But that idea didn’t held on, at first we worked with Anne, from Nijmegen, she has a nice voice but more suitable for pop work instead of rock. We enjoyed working with her but she is just 20 years of age and was starting her studies in Utrecht so that was too complicated. Marcella Bovio came to us at the same time we wanted to call her. We already knew each other, from our time in Mexico where we performed with her former band. She is very educated and carries that fado feeling with her. We did a few songs with her, one is on the album and two will be available on the new EP. In the search of more we came across Silje. We liked her easy and calm way of singing over heavy songs very much and we had quite a some rock material ready for the new album. We didn’t want a riff fighter or a high pitched voice. So we sent Silje a rather difficult song to see what would happen and to our surprise she came up with beautiful melodies and she went along with the music on her own way. She was very eager, came by here in Nijmegen one time and all of a sudden we had six songs and by that we turned into a band, in a natural way.

You must have had many reactions on your advertisement for a new singer?
300 reactions and we had a lot of work with that! Among them a few surprises too where we thought “Huh? But aren’t you with so and so? Rather want to sing with us really?”

Who was that?
Hahaha, no I can’t say. But the interest that was showed was warming.

So Silje became the new singer…did you know of her band Octavia Speratil?
No, not really. They are more metal with a black metal and gothic touch I believe? That ban dis on hold now because of Silje’s chance with us but they are supporting her all the way. We are fond of the Nordic scene by the way, even though Silje lives in London herself. We are rehearsing on a regular base, she flies in on Airport Weeze Niederrhein so we can use our time wisely.

Which songs are you rehearsing?
The new album but also older songs as well. What we like and what she likes. Sometimes even to our suprise, Silje wanted to do ‘On Most Surfaces’ which has a difficult melodyline, but she wanted to do it very much.

Are there limitations for the setlist?
No not really. We will see what will turn out to be working for us. We won’t be playing anhything from the ‘Home’ album though, that one is too close to us still. I find it hard to play that album and can’t watch the documentary that was made while we were recording that album. Any documentarymaker ‘wants’ the things to happen that happened with us but this hook wasn’t foreseen of course. (WA: Henk Rutten, Hans and Rene’s father suddenly died during the recording of the album, the documentary is on the ‘A Noise Severe’ DVD). It marks the goodbye of both Anneke and our father…

Did you have an idea how to create and produce the album?
Yes we did, we wanted to everything ourselves as much a possible. We invested a lot in our equipment and wanted to make a –for The Gathering terms- an easy album. I think we deliberately brought some past things back this time. A song like ‘The West Pole’ for instancecould very well hve been on ‘Always’, kinda has that same doomy feeling feel. And ‘No Bird Call’ has something of ‘Souvenirs’. I wanted to have a bit more up tempo songs without sounding ‘happy’ as that turned out to be our tendency. So that’s why a bit more songs with a 130/140 bpm beat like ‘Treasure’ and ‘All You Are’. The criticsm we get now is that we aren’t progressing as we used to. But I think that by using new singer(s) we still are. We like to do new things and this way we do but in a different way this time.

And you produced it yourself!
Rene was the producer indeed and that was new too. We set out not to make a weird jazzy album or something like that as we knew how criticized this one would be. The material what we had was that what we had, a lot of songs and ideas came from Rene. He insisted to open up the album with ‘When Trust Becomes Sound’.

A real letting-some-steam-off song to me…
The album was made to play loud! It is no ‘How To Measure’, ‘Souvenirs’ or ‘Home’. We are glad to still be around after 20 years. This is a Spring album, we still exist! Maybe no tour magnus opus but we did know very well what we wanted to create. ‘Home’ was supposed to be a rock focused album but that fell through now were determend to stock to that idea. You kind of have to prove yourself again.

And what about The Gathering live on stage?
With Silje. Marcella told us that she would like to be with us on stage too. In June we will do some try outs in Purmerend and Heerlen, then we will do Graspop and some other foreign festivals in Czech Republic and Portugal for instance. In the Autumn we go into the clubs in Holland and Europe and it will be next year I guess when we will head to South America again. The response there is good, they understand that it was Anneke’s wish and decision to leave and that she wasn’t kicked out by us. We will prepare ourselves well as a lot of people will be hanging on the old band. We want to talk about that period in promotion for this album but not much more after that…we’re moving on…

And that is noted down! To my humble opinion the spirit is back in The Gathering. The arent’t afraid of their past, are realistic about the present and are ready for the future. They have proven to have phoenix abilities; risingg from the ashes to achieve new highs. ‘The West Pole’ is a good stepping stone (pun intended) so I say good luck to them.

PostPosted: 01 May 2009, 18:01 

video interview
http://www.nu.nl/muziek/1957097/the-gat ... geres.html

μια χαρα ρε είναι η κοπελίτσα και τη φάγαμε

PostPosted: 01 May 2009, 18:07 
Always
Always

etsi, na ta leme auta stous polemious

Nemo ante mortem beatus

PostPosted: 01 May 2009, 20:20 
Always
Always

nice, mia xara :flower:

I know the law you bastards

PostPosted: 02 May 2009, 06:10 
Third chance
Third chance

sophie wrote:
http://www.lordsofmetal.nl/showinterview.php?id=2665&lang=en

Quote:
‘The West Pole’ is everything but just another album for The Gathering. It marks the leave of Anneke van Giersbergen and welcomes the new singer Silje Wergeland. Earthshaking but also offering a new challenge but they knew how to cope with that from earlier experiences, they were always able to come out with a positive result. This time too and that feeling is supported by the nice conversation that was held in Nijmegen’s eldest café. Drummer Hans Rutten was there for us…

Text: Winston

I don’t want to focus on it too long but still, Anneke’s announcement of leaving must have hit you hard, or did you saw it coming anyway?
We did see it coming yeah. She told us that she couldn’t pull the weight anymore so at first we thought it was best to give her all the space and time she wanted. The band on hold for two or three was a possibility for us. But she didn’t want that either she wasn’t up for it anymore. The way she left wasn’t too nice from her side but that is between us really. We dealt with it now and it is time to move on and that is what we are doing.

How strange and sad at the same time. You achieved and experienced a lot together and now to let it end like this…how remarkable is it that she soon after her leaving already told to the press that a future collaboration certainly would be possible again with The Gathering?
I agree and I think it’s just very lame of her to say that. It will not happen and she very well knows that. To flirt with the idea is not done really.

And I think you are not the kind of band to keep that door open…
No, that door is closed indeed. I read what she said and I think that’s it’s not sensible to come out with that after a few months already. We discussed taking a long break on several occasions but she didn’t want to do that. So why still flirt with the idea? We grew into her presence on the foreground, deliberate or not, sometimes with a record company behind it. I’m relived we are done with that fact, her being placed above the band…

Clear. And then, what were the first ideas on continuing?
We let it sink in for a few weeks and Rene, Frank and myself discussed this after a little while. Marjolein told us early one that she gladly would be involved if and how we should continue. We did some writing but that went very bad. We were sounding so very sad. We then decided to focus on total different stuff in our lives for half a year. We didn’t start again untill January of 2008.

Did you start work with a certain expectation?
It would stand or fall down with the material we would come up with. Rene was very driven and I think that ‘The West Pole’ is very much hís album. He grabbed the bull by the horns contributed lots of ideas as well as Frank. We then realized that as a band we were still alive so we announced auditions for new singers, male and/or female. At first we wanted to use five or six singers, not just one person. We wanted to search a little and make this album a stepping stone. But that idea didn’t held on, at first we worked with Anne, from Nijmegen, she has a nice voice but more suitable for pop work instead of rock. We enjoyed working with her but she is just 20 years of age and was starting her studies in Utrecht so that was too complicated. Marcella Bovio came to us at the same time we wanted to call her. We already knew each other, from our time in Mexico where we performed with her former band. She is very educated and carries that fado feeling with her. We did a few songs with her, one is on the album and two will be available on the new EP. In the search of more we came across Silje. We liked her easy and calm way of singing over heavy songs very much and we had quite a some rock material ready for the new album. We didn’t want a riff fighter or a high pitched voice. So we sent Silje a rather difficult song to see what would happen and to our surprise she came up with beautiful melodies and she went along with the music on her own way. She was very eager, came by here in Nijmegen one time and all of a sudden we had six songs and by that we turned into a band, in a natural way.

You must have had many reactions on your advertisement for a new singer?
300 reactions and we had a lot of work with that! Among them a few surprises too where we thought “Huh? But aren’t you with so and so? Rather want to sing with us really?”

Who was that?
Hahaha, no I can’t say. But the interest that was showed was warming.

So Silje became the new singer…did you know of her band Octavia Speratil?
No, not really. They are more metal with a black metal and gothic touch I believe? That ban dis on hold now because of Silje’s chance with us but they are supporting her all the way. We are fond of the Nordic scene by the way, even though Silje lives in London herself. We are rehearsing on a regular base, she flies in on Airport Weeze Niederrhein so we can use our time wisely.

Which songs are you rehearsing?
The new album but also older songs as well. What we like and what she likes. Sometimes even to our suprise, Silje wanted to do ‘On Most Surfaces’ which has a difficult melodyline, but she wanted to do it very much.

Are there limitations for the setlist?
No not really. We will see what will turn out to be working for us. We won’t be playing anhything from the ‘Home’ album though, that one is too close to us still. I find it hard to play that album and can’t watch the documentary that was made while we were recording that album. Any documentarymaker ‘wants’ the things to happen that happened with us but this hook wasn’t foreseen of course. (WA: Henk Rutten, Hans and Rene’s father suddenly died during the recording of the album, the documentary is on the ‘A Noise Severe’ DVD). It marks the goodbye of both Anneke and our father…

Did you have an idea how to create and produce the album?
Yes we did, we wanted to everything ourselves as much a possible. We invested a lot in our equipment and wanted to make a –for The Gathering terms- an easy album. I think we deliberately brought some past things back this time. A song like ‘The West Pole’ for instancecould very well hve been on ‘Always’, kinda has that same doomy feeling feel. And ‘No Bird Call’ has something of ‘Souvenirs’. I wanted to have a bit more up tempo songs without sounding ‘happy’ as that turned out to be our tendency. So that’s why a bit more songs with a 130/140 bpm beat like ‘Treasure’ and ‘All You Are’. The criticsm we get now is that we aren’t progressing as we used to. But I think that by using new singer(s) we still are. We like to do new things and this way we do but in a different way this time.

And you produced it yourself!
Rene was the producer indeed and that was new too. We set out not to make a weird jazzy album or something like that as we knew how criticized this one would be. The material what we had was that what we had, a lot of songs and ideas came from Rene. He insisted to open up the album with ‘When Trust Becomes Sound’.

A real letting-some-steam-off song to me…
The album was made to play loud! It is no ‘How To Measure’, ‘Souvenirs’ or ‘Home’. We are glad to still be around after 20 years. This is a Spring album, we still exist! Maybe no tour magnus opus but we did know very well what we wanted to create. ‘Home’ was supposed to be a rock focused album but that fell through now were determend to stock to that idea. You kind of have to prove yourself again.

And what about The Gathering live on stage?
With Silje. Marcella told us that she would like to be with us on stage too. In June we will do some try outs in Purmerend and Heerlen, then we will do Graspop and some other foreign festivals in Czech Republic and Portugal for instance. In the Autumn we go into the clubs in Holland and Europe and it will be next year I guess when we will head to South America again. The response there is good, they understand that it was Anneke’s wish and decision to leave and that she wasn’t kicked out by us. We will prepare ourselves well as a lot of people will be hanging on the old band. We want to talk about that period in promotion for this album but not much more after that…we’re moving on…

And that is noted down! To my humble opinion the spirit is back in The Gathering. The arent’t afraid of their past, are realistic about the present and are ready for the future. They have proven to have phoenix abilities; risingg from the ashes to achieve new highs. ‘The West Pole’ is a good stepping stone (pun intended) so I say good luck to them.

Thanks!!!

PostPosted: 02 May 2009, 11:23 
Always
Always

gamath synenteuksh auth.
ta xwnei xontra se Anneke,leei oti tha paizoun oti na'nai tragoudia se live,alla tipota apo to home :D mia xara
mono pou o logos pou dialleksan th silje einai kai o logos pou emena de mou arese,alla ok

PostPosted: 02 May 2009, 12:40 
King for a day
King for a day

Silje για πάν ντα! Το έχει πάρει πάνω της το όλο ζήτημα.

PostPosted: 03 May 2009, 00:58 

edaksei,odos mia xara einai sto videaki,vevea prepei na paradexteite oti stis protes protes fotos pou vgikan fatsa fora sto forum tromakse polis kosmos,opote den imastan kai poli off
tora,akomi kai ta tertipia pou kanei me ta xeilia otan milaei thimizoun tin dikia mas(auto gia tous close observers!),genika i oli fasi mu thimizei ekeino to epeisodio apo ta filarakia opou i reitsel(pos skata grafetai auto) ta eixe ftiaksei me ton ras gia na kseperasei ton ros(pou ton epaize o idios ithopoios)kai i idia den evlepe kamia omoiotita mexri na tis to poun,tespa,tetoies ores tetoia logia..genika tha ithela ligi perissoteri prosopikotita alla gia ta osa traviksan oi anthropoi mia xara ta pane-i sinedeuksi mu thimise to odos tragiko pou eixe kanei i anneke tote anamesa sta ipoloipa(na vgei na pei dld gia pithani sinergasia i kati tetoio eno oi alloi akomi penthusan) kathos kai to oti apo tin arxi paizei to alone (san kakopaigmeno elliniko rock) eno oi alloi den boroun na paizoun kanena tragudi apo to home giati tous einai diskolo...ade giati piksame me tin eleutheri vulisi tu kallitexni

http://www.godflesh.com

http://www.myspace.com/nationalpornografik

http://www.myspace.com/chproject1

PostPosted: 03 May 2009, 02:03 
Always
Always

eliza! wrote:
reitsel(pos skata grafetai auto)
kai kala tora. auto se peirakse mono? :tw:

Nemo ante mortem beatus

PostPosted: 03 May 2009, 08:15 
Always
Always

eliza! wrote:
,genika i oli fasi mu thimizei ekeino to epeisodio apo ta filarakia opou i reitsel(pos skata grafetai auto) ta eixe ftiaksei me ton ras gia na kseperasei ton ros(pou ton epaize o idios ithopoios)kai i idia den evlepe kamia omoiotita mexri na tis to poun

Xaxaaa, ti eipe re h 8ea!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next