The Gathering

forum
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:54

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 210  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2005, 01:11 
Always
Always

ON OLIVA'S PAIN, the new band fronted by SAVATAGE mastermind Jon Oliva, have posted the following message on their official web site;

"JON OLIVA'S PAIN would like to announce that they will be joining forces with Dirk Lehberger and Shooter Promotions from Germany to handle their European, Asia, and Russian concert bookings for 2006. This is a giant step forward for the band as Shooter Promotions/Noisegate Productions is connected to most of the major festivals throughout Europe. JON OLIVA'S PAIN has become a priority act for Dirk/Shooter along with their other high-profile artists . To coordinate with the release of JON OLIVA'S PAIN Chapter 2 in mid-April 2006, the band will kick off promotion for the new album with a series of concerts in Russia, Germany, Belgium, Czech Republic, Greece, Australia, South America and Japan. The band is then scheduled to reside in Germany during June and July and attack the festival circuit. Plans are also taking shape for a 4-5 week co-headlining tour throughout Europe in mid-October. So as you can see, there is alot in the works for JON OLIVA'S PAIN for 2006. To all the fans that we could not reach last year,...we are striving to make sure that you are not left out in the cold again! Many thanks to Dirk, Shooter Promotions, and Noisegate Productions for believing in JON OLIVA'S PAIN. See you on tour!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2005, 02:20 
Always
Always

born to run,darkness on the edge of town, the wild the innocent and the e-street shuffle,greetings from ashbury park einai h tetrada twn yperapisteutwn aristourghmatwn tou springsteen

born in the usa, river,rising einai aristourghmata ena click katw apo ta parapanw.

tunnel of love,nebraska ,devils and dust einai aristourghmata xamhlwn tonwn sto idio epipedo alla se allo yfos me ta parapanw

the ghost of tom joad,lucky town kaloi a3ioprepeis diskoi

human touch, metrios diskos

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2005, 06:15 
Always
Always

tunnel of love diskara
lucky town gia klotsies

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2005, 09:45 
Always
Always

Quote:
lucky town gia klotsies

gousta einai auta, alla elpizw na to mperdeueis me to human touch pou vghkan mazi,giati to lucky town exei polles kommatares (Better Days, If I Should Fall Behind, My Beautiful Reward, Lucky Town, Book Of Dreams)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2005, 14:18 
Always
Always

Quote:
November December 2005

We are very pleased to announce the following dates - a continuation of the Judas Priest Retribution 2005 Tour:

Date Location
NOVEMBER 2005
24th PALACE OF SPORTS/KIEV
27th LUZNHIKI ARENA/MOSCOW
29th NEW ICE ARENA/ST PETERSBURG
DECEMBER 2005
1st SAKU ARENA/TALLIN
2nd KIPSALA HALL/RIGA
3rd ICE HALL/VILNIUS

Quote:
North American Tour - Second Leg 2005

We are very pleased to announce ANTHRAX as special guests on the second leg of our US Tour - they will not be on every show - but most of them!
(out of the dates I have announced so far Anthrax will not be perfoming at the Mt Pleasant show on 23rd September)

At this time we have not confirmed ANTHRAX for the following shows:
Edmonton/Calgary & Vancouver - if this changes we will let you all know!

JUDAS PRIEST are pleased to announce that they have added HATEBREED to the bill along with ANTHRAX on 5th October at the Arena at Harbor Yard in Bridgeport, CT

Put yourself in our hands, so our voices can be heard,
And together we will take on all the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2005, 17:50 
Always
Always

vaggelis_original21 wrote:
Quote:
lucky town gia klotsies

gousta einai auta, alla elpizw na to mperdeueis me to human touch pou vghkan mazi,giati to lucky town exei polles kommatares (Better Days, If I Should Fall Behind, My Beautiful Reward, Lucky Town, Book Of Dreams)

to human touch den to exo an kai to omonymo einai kommatara
to lucky town htan megalo shock otan to eixa parei..poly aploiko kai katholou empneysh...anyway..

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2005, 10:22 
Always
Always

xamos sto party tou no surrender.megalo glenti!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2005, 22:21 
Always
Always

Για χρόνια, τα πρώην μέλη των Genesis υποστήριζαν ότι είναι έτοιμα να "ξαναζωντανέψουν" το group μόλις ο αυθεντικός frontman Peter Gabriel πει το ΟΚ, αλλά για χρόνια ο Gabriel αρνείτο πεισματικά να ακολουθήσει. Μέχρι τώρα!

"Οι συνθήκες για ένα reunion των Genesis είναι καλύτερες από ποτέ τώρα", είπε ο Gabriel στο Rolling Stone. "Θα την κάνουμε πάντως αυτή τη συζήτηση".

Εκτός από μία one-off εμφάνιση το 1982, ο Gabriel δεν ξαναβρέθηκε ποτέ στη σκηνή με την κλασική πενταμελή σύνθεση των Genesis, από το Μάιο του 1975.

RESPECT...FOR ABSENT FRIENDS :flower:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2005, 22:22 

Les!!?!?!?!?!?! :o :o :o :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2005, 23:00 
Always
Always

Ayto ki an 8a einai ekplh3h!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2005, 20:34 
Always
Always

pw, pw eida sto sonic mia torinh fotografia tou fish kai epatha sok..se merikous o xronos feretai poly asxhma re gamwto :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2005, 23:15 
Always
Always

HARRY_ANGEL wrote:
pw, pw eida sto sonic mia torinh fotografia tou fish kai epatha sok..se merikous o xronos feretai poly asxhma re gamwto :(

Poion Fish eides 8anash, twn Marillion??

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2005, 23:23 
Always
Always

pantelis79 wrote:
HARRY_ANGEL wrote:

Poion Fish eides 8anash, twn Marillion??

nai giati, yparxei ki allos?htan me karafla kai koilia :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2005, 23:46 
Always
Always

Psaxnontas gia Marillion brhka mia poly endiaferousa synenteyxh tou Mark Wilkinson (sto rock avenue-aygoustos 2005 )o opoios exei kanei ta cover twn marillion alla kai kapoia twn judas priest kai twn iron maiden (na o koinos syndesmos loipon :D )
exei plaka giati analyei kapoies leptomereies apo ta exwfylla twn marillion, twn priest kai twn maiden..oloi eyxaristhmenoi loipon :D

HH: „What project are you currently working on?“

MW: “I´m doing some merchandise designs for HIM, a DVD sleeve for Judas Priest, a solo album project for Glenn Tipton, some postage stamp designs for next year´s World Cup Football, an album sleeve for an Oz band called Medusa, Merch design for Juliette And the Licks, a book jacket design and some touring stuff for Fish´s next tour.”

HH: “First of all one of these boring fan questions – which LPs are lying on the floor on the ´Script´ and ´Fugazi´ albums next to the Pink Floyd albums?”

MW: “Now you are asking…see if I can remember off the top of my head…´Sacucerful of Secrets´ and ´The Wall´ from Floyd, ´Do you dream in colour´ by Bill Nelson and various singles by Marillion (I think).”

HH: “On the ´Market Square Heroes´ and the ´He knows you know´ cover art the jester is some kind of hiding behind the mask before he finally can be seen on the ´Script´ cover. Were you aware of the fact that Derek Riggs did a similar thing for the first Iron Maiden Single and then for their debut album?”

MW: “No I wasn´t aware of that. What was their first single sleeve design then? I don´t think I know it, I know their album sleeves better.”

HH: “Whenever I look at the ´Market Suare Heroes´ sleeve, I must think of Beefheart´s ´Trout Mask Replica´. What do you think about this analogy?”

MW: “What I think is ´great honour – thank you´. I love that album, love that cover, love that whole period of album sleeve art.”

HH: “What makes an album cover an extraordinarily good album cover?”

MW: “One that succeeds in making people think ´what is that?´ and if they don´t know the band feel as if they want to discover what they are like. ´Never judge a book by its cover´ they say…and I suppose some people might think you would be stupid to buy an album purely because of the cover…but I still do.”

HH: “Have you ever bought an album only because of its cover art?”

MW: “Oh yes! The worst example was when I bought an album by The Residents purely because of the cover…and the album was unlistenable, which I´m sure they would feel is a worthwile concept…being the kind of subversive artists they are. I bought a Tool album ´Lateralus´ because of the artwork; I´d never heard of them before that album, didn´t know what they sounded like…they were ´off my radar´ so to speak. But I began a fascination for the band and all their albums because of that first exposure to them from a visual perspective. I love their artwork and because of it I bought all the albums, luckily the music is as extraordinary as the artwork. I knew about Captain Beefheart from the beginning of his career because of John Peel playing him, but had I seen ´Trout Mask Replica´ before knowing who he was I would have bought the album because of the cover I´m sure, as I love interesting packaging. I bought a Durutti Column album in the eighties because the cover was made of sandpaper…brilliant idea…you put the album in your collection and it scrapes away at the albums either side…the album was brilliant too. The best example of packaging craziness though has to be an album by Tricky where the CD was sown up in a velvet bag so you couldn´t see the artwork. The idea was that people would have to buy two copies so they wouldn´t ruin the packaging of at least one for their collection! So that wasn´t such an extraordinary album cover, but it was an extraordinary concept. I love the idea of playing with people´s expectations of what´s inside the ´product´…I don´t get to do that much really as people come to me expecting to get a certain style of artwork. Maybe the metal box I did for Iron Maiden…originally I designed 3 inch ´spikes´ coming out of the box. The record company went bananas. ´You can´t do that…someone might cut themselves´ which I thought was a great idea for this band whose name was derived from a Victorian instrument of torture! But alas the legal eagles at EMI had it toned down for fear of a lawsuit from some poor fan cutting his fingers trying to open the box…shame…mind you the shipping was going to be a nightmare too. What with all those spikes tearing out the boxes!”

HH: “You did ´Painkiller´ and ´Ram it down´ for Judas Priest. Was the fist on the ´Ram it down´ cover inspired by Ken Kelly´s art for ´Rainbow Rising´?

MW: “No, I don´t know that artist or that album, sorry. The sleeve concept originally was to be a massive hammer hitting a blacksmith´s anvil with a huge blast of sparks. The metal fist was my idea after that failed to work in a very interesting way in the concept roughs.”

HH: “What do you think is the share of the album cover for the commercial success of the album?”

MW: “A great album sleeve can certainly help a great album be an even greater artistic success. But a great cover will not create a success out of a turkey. If the music´s crap, people won´t buy it. They aren´t stupid. In these days of downloading and MP3-ness, I doubt most of the younger set care much about the artwork. My son can save a whole day´s worth of music on to his MP3 player which he carries with him everywhere. He does buy albums but never cares for packaging that much. They get tossed into a corner of his room and he concentrates on the music alone. Where it comes into his life is through the T-Shirts and the marketing before the album is released. If he sees something interesting visually in the music magazines he is made aware of the album and takes time to watch out for it´s release. So it still works as a marketing tool, just in a different way to when I used to browse the record shops looking for interesting record sleeves housing (hopefully) interesting music. You can´t get too excited by CD packaging…shopping in some soulless Virgin Records with disinterested Saturday boys behind the counter not knowing about the stuff they sell. You have to know where to look I guess, and discover some little gem yourself; or find an independent shop with some class. Unfortunately they become fewer and fewer which is a shame. Gone are the days where you´d have a shop like the one that Nick Hornby wrote about in ´HiFidelity´, people with passion selling music to the passionately curious. They discover it now on the net. That´s where I find out about the new stuff anyway.”

HH: “You did some work for Iron Maiden, especially for the ´Eddies Archive´ box-set. What would you think about Derek Riggs creating his version of your classic jester figure?”

MW: “It really wouldn´t bother me, in fact I would be very interested in seeing what other artists would do with the jester. Whether Derek Riggs was pleased by other artists taking on the character ´Eddie´ who was his invention is another matter. But I dare say he is quite pleased to have moved on. Iron Maiden use a variety of different artists now to recreate the ´franchise´ of Eddie which is a good thing. Each artist brings his own artistic stamp to the various projects Maiden do and prevents it from becoming stale. I had my time with Eddie which I enjoyed. I don´t think I could have carried on as long as Derek did, or with the same degree of inventiveness. He´s acknowledged as the best of the Eddie artists, and rightly so.”

HH: “You´ve also created art for stamps. What´s the challenge to work for such a small format?”

MW: “It can be difficult as you have to work quite small, about A5 (half a sheet of type paper) and with my eyes giving in to old age and decrepitude it puts a strain on them. But I love it. The people behind the production of postage stamps take such great care with what they do. The printing (done in France usually) is so perfect, so exquisite. The end of the chain is ´the collector´ and they are very very fussy about the quality of the end product. I wish all companies took such care about what they do and how they present the artwork. It would help me enormously if they did.”

HH: “And finally what´s the worst album cover you´ve ever seen?”

MW: “Real to Reel´ by Marillion.”

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2005, 02:58 

Poly endiaferousa h synentey3h!! Thanx 8anash! :green:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2005, 09:06 
Always
Always

Wraios 8anash, eyxaristoume!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2005, 01:25 
Always
Always

Paidia, an to parakatw neo einai alh8ino, to 8ewrw para poly shmantiko. Yperypsisto.

Xtes o 3aderfos mou mou eipe pws to Metropolis prin mia peripou bdomada 3ekinhse thn e3hs poustikh fabrica: 8elei na anagkasei tis etairies na promh8eyoun apokleistika ayto me ta CD tous! Dhladh an 8es CD ths Universal, na ta briskeis mono sto Metropolis.

Mou fainetai poly yperboliko sa neo, alla an einai alh8eia egw den 3anapswnizw apo ekei. Exei akousei kaneis sas kati antistoixo???

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2005, 01:29 

Prwth fora to akouw! Akousa pantws pws xtes oi ergazomenoi sta Metropolis eixan apergia giati apely8h enas synadelfos tous. Ema8a oti ton 3anaphran.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2005, 02:00 
Always
Always

^htan o tragoudisths twn sun of nothing kai apolythike meta apo parapona pelath apo geraka sxetika me thn fonh tou otan tou zhthse plhrofories gia kati bootlegs screaming trees

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2005, 02:32 
Always
Always

HARRY_ANGEL wrote:
^htan o tragoudisths twn sun of nothing kai apolythike meta apo parapona pelath apo geraka sxetika me thn fonh tou otan tou zhthse plhrofories gia kati bootlegs screaming trees

Xaxaxaxaaaaxaxa :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !

Basika phga na ton rwthsw kati kai eida oti twra ektos apo th fwnh pouliou, afhnei kai makria nyxia kai fobh8hka mhpws me grapwsei :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 210  Next