The Gathering

forum
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 00:13

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2007, 05:31 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

I'm new to the forum and am totally floating happily through hours and hours of wonderful Gathering bootlegs! Thanks to all who are posting these awesome live documents!

I'm interested in what everyone's favorite bootleg is and why. Based on sound quality, crowd ambience, performance, song selection and between song banter, my favorite Gathering boot so far is Santiago 02-25-04. I just love the sound and Anneke's voice is so pristine and crystal clear. Great band sound too!

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2007, 15:58 
Traveller
Traveller

maxpod22 wrote:
I'm new to the forum and am totally floating happily through hours and hours of wonderful Gathering bootlegs! Thanks to all who are posting these awesome live documents!

I'm interested in what everyone's favorite bootleg is and why. Based on sound quality, crowd ambience, performance, song selection and between song banter, my favorite Gathering boot so far is Santiago 02-25-04. I just love the sound and Anneke's voice is so pristine and crystal clear. Great band sound too!

I like the locomotive accident and the Bochum bootleg a whole lot!!

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2007, 23:44 
King for a day
King for a day

What about Bochum? try that one!

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2007, 02:19 
Traveller
Traveller

my faves are around Nighttime Birds times, that 'Alphen Aan den Rijn' 97 is great love the setlist they play almost the whole album on it, just missing 'the earth is my witness'... doesn't sound that great, but I love those years.

Bochum 2000 is the if_then_else ultimate bootleg, as good as Bizarre Fest 2000.

Chile, Santiago 2004 live at Teatro Providencia is very good too and special for me, for its meaning. first time The Gathering in Chile :wink:

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2007, 06:52 
Always
Always

i have no idea. really

mmm... the one i enjoyed lately was festival ihla do ermal. so let's choose this one for today.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2007, 00:52 
Traveller
Traveller

is the noorderslag bootleg from 1997 only four songs?? Does anyone have more song besides

Adrenaline
The Earth is my witness (finally a live version popped up!!)
In Motion 2
Third change
???????????

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2010, 23:15 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

So far, since I've gotten all three officially released DVDs (In Motion, A Sound Relief & A Noise Severe) the bootlegs I've gotten that I like for both audio and video are Bochum 2000, Bizarre Festival @ Weeze 2000 and Pinkpop 1997. I can understand others liking the Bochum concert even though it is limited to but one camera angle, with the sound quality, which is really quite amazing for all of that, it makes up for it in so many ways.

The downloads from youtube.com about the Bizarre Fest definitely aren't as good in quality as the link provided in this Forum; at least when it comes to the video. Sound isn't too much of a difference but I'm sure glad I found this Forum and found a link to a better quality item, plus the link for the Bochum concert DVD.

The Pinkpop 1997 concert I got from another source but, though somewhat short in time, comparatively to other concert videos I know about, it still is an amazingly good concert; I wish I was there, like so many other concerts.

But the one concert video I'm still looking for is the entire performance @ Krakow 1997; sure, it has some of it on the 'In Motion' DVD but I'd definitely appreciate the entire concert in stead of but segmented rills. The beginning (Intro-Eleanor) is on the CD-rom of 'Superheat but there are at least two other Tracks missing. Unless one downloads those two from youtube that is. I've come across a couple other possibilities on other sites that are willing to trade it for something else; I've got about a half dozen items I'd definitely trade in order to get a copy of that one!!!! That's about the best bootleg concert around, that is to say, if it's the 'entire' concert. IMHO

I still can't believe I've missed out on these guys except during the past year when I finally got around to checking them out. Geeze. I've got a lot of work to do in catching up. All worth while though as far as I'm concerned.

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2010, 10:14 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

For some looking for something to download I guess this might be an interesting site: http://darkbattm14-videos.blogspot.com/ ... 0Gathering but I don't like it when they have 'A Noise Severe,' 'A Sound Relief' & 'In Motion' for free. I'd rather those were available for purchase like any other officially released DVD. Whatever. At least the band wouldn't be shorted out on royalties.