The Gathering

forum
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:53

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2008, 07:27 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

Hiya everyone! Im new and can I just say its magical finding a messageboard for The Gathering...anway I just thought I might share this with everyone!

During the hottest chicks in metal tour I had the chance to spend the day with the gathering and lacuna coil and the stolen babies during the tour in Pittsburgh...anyway, this was about a week or two before the sad departure of Anneke from the band! Its really not suprising to me that she left because the day of the show she was telling me how she really missed fin and she showed me pictures of him....he was absolutely adorable...and she seemed really sad that day and I new something must have been wrong with her. and then a couple of weeks later she leaves.

She was an absolute sweetheart though! we were all sitting in the dressing room and I had to use to bathroom and there was this make shift door and I was kinda embarrassed that one of the guys would walk in on me so Anneke decided she would be my "bathroom bodyguard" and she took care of me! we talked for sometime before and after she went on and did the show!

I have never met an artist so lovely and down to earth and kind in my entire life! not only that but the others especially I think it was Marjolein who dragged my around my the hand to get me through the crowds when we watched the babies play and then she spilled her pop and my shoes were sticky all night but i didn't care...

I would say more but i don't want to bore everyone with my adventure because sometimes I drone on a bit :oops: i just wanted to share what a wonderful person she is with you lot!! If you have any questions just ask! and its nice to be here at last!!!

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2008, 11:42 
Always
Always

hi!

welcome over here.

mmm.. i don't have any question.

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2008, 18:26 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

hoang wrote:
hi!

welcome over here.

mmm.. i don't have any question.

Hiya! Thanks for the welcome! Nice to meet you!

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2008, 19:03 
Traveller
Traveller

only one thought comes to mind... I feel envy lol. Now seriously, one question, I didn't get if you were part of the staff or what the heck you were doing during the tour to had such a chance?.

anyways lovely story thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2008, 01:50 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

tenebris wrote:
only one thought comes to mind... I feel envy lol. Now seriously, one question, I didn't get if you were part of the staff or what the heck you were doing during the tour to had such a chance?.

anyways lovely story thanks for sharing.

funny story actually....I first saw them in Michigan and I lingered after the show and met the lead guitarist for stolen babies. We got talking and Marco from Lacuna came over and we started discussing guitar heros and how he's the champ :D but one thing led to another and he asked me if i wanted to come to the show in pittsburgh. Ironically I was leaving for home the next day and decided to leave a little earlier to catch the show. George the lead guitarist gave me an all access backstage pass and I was able to hang out with everyone on the tour all day and night. one of the best nights of my life. so no i wasn't staff I was just in the right place at the right time and met some really wonderful people. made a good friend or two and oh the fun! lets just say the mini fridge was packed with beer when i got there on almost empty when the show was over. Maus from lacuna was drunk before the show even started and it was hilarious! i have stories to last a life-time! nice to meet ya by the way tenebris :D

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2008, 17:25 

lol frigdes are always empty when Tg leaves a place... :p

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2008, 17:29 
Traveller
Traveller

nice to meet you too, I don't know Stolen Babies, but as you say they seem to be a bunch of all nice guys, nice gesture the all access pass :wink: gotta check their music if I like. I'm sure Lacuna guys are very funny too and there's nothing compared to meet the ordinary people in a band that you like and even better to hang around with them as friends.

cheers

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2008, 04:20 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

tenebris wrote:
nice to meet you too, I don't know Stolen Babies, but as you say they seem to be a bunch of all nice guys, nice gesture the all access pass :wink: gotta check their music if I like. I'm sure Lacuna guys are very funny too and there's nothing compared to meet the ordinary people in a band that you like and even better to hang around with them as friends.

cheers

Yeah they were absolutely wonderful! I didn't actually like the babies but the singer was really nice though. I got a lot of good pictures of everyone though! I didn't want to snap a million photos of them in their face cuz that is where they are suppose to be comfortable and i didnt want to feel like I was intruding I wanted to feel like part of the gang and I did. Anneke made me feel welcome! and I am glad people are friendly here also!!

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2008, 17:42 
Traveller
Traveller

Hello, blu_eyes! Welcome. Be sure to visit the unofficial Agua de Annique forum to tell the other guys there how wonderful was your day and make us green with envy. ;) :green: Do you have pics?
tenebris wrote:
I don't know Stolen Babies, but as you say they seem to be a bunch of all nice guys, nice gesture the all access pass :wink: gotta check their music if I like.

What are you waiting for?! They rock, the musicians are very good, hte music's dark yet groove, and the girl actually growls! (and sings quite beautifully; she's got quite an emotional range). Besides, she sang in a duet with Annie, can't remember which song, but... whoa!

You can check a vid here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GcZHxXTW90