The Gathering

forum
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:35

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2014, 11:51 

Dear friends,

With some great shows and the release of ‘Afterwords’, a special album that had a fantastic response, we had a good year. But looking in the near future we have decided that we all need a break. After almost 25 years of making albums, touring, etc, we need some time to reconsider how we will shape the future of TG. Also, Marjolein has decided to take other directions and go her own path. We have played, toured and made music together for ten years with a lot of joy. She is a great person and musician and she will be missed by all of us. We wish her only good things for the future.
We want to inform you that the shows next week in Nijmegen and Dordrecht (the Netherlands) will be the last ones for a while, and the last ones with Marjolein. We want to thank you for your enduring support, and hope to see you at one of the shows.

“Dear fans & friends of The Gathering,

I have something to tell you, because after quite some time of thinking I have decided to leave The Gathering.

The ten years with The Gathering have been a great experience for me and a dream come true. Making music, traveling all over the world and meeting wonderful people everywhere: I am very thankful and happy to have been a part of this.
But in this life things change, and that's a good thing. Life is never boring. I feel it's time for me to move on and focus on new things. Also musically.
So, with this backpack full of great memories I look forward to what the future will bring. The open road is inspiring, I guess that's the beauty of uncertainty.

From the bottom of my heart I want to thank everybody for their love and support throughout the years.
I'm looking forward to play two intense final shows in Nijmegen and Dordrecht & hope more good music and experiences will follow.

Until we meet again!

Lots of love,
Marjolein”

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2014, 13:56 
Always
Always

Dear Marjolein: thanks for everything and now please proceed with the great Le Dimance!

Dear Hugo: hopefully you enjoyed your years-off, now please come back!

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2014, 15:05 
Always
Always

are the langoliers coming for the forum?

Μέχρι να φανεί το φως
δρόμους θα διαβαίνω
όχι πως σε ξέχασα
μα δε σε προσμένω.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2014, 19:48 
Always
Always

Dear Marjolein, keep the faith, the smiles, everything in you. I wish you the best. Thanks for your great work through the past years! In and outta The Gathering!

Dear The Gathering, THANK YOU FOR ALL. LIFE.
I understand your position, time to break free makes new great things on the way.
You have the break, but WE STILL HAVE THE MUSIC, THE SOUVENIRS.

See you guys!

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2014, 18:07 
Traveller
Traveller

This is disappointing, for sure. I hoped to see them some more together. The TG92 first show in 2012 was my last one, and I'm fortunate to have seen many shows before that going back to 2004. I know that many fans have never made it to a show. I saw three with Silje which were the two try-outs in 2009 and the Mexico City show in 2011, which was amazing. I've been hoping for them to return to this continent since then, but I guess it's more difficult for the band to make it happen lately. It's a shame, because they've made a lot of good music since then that I would like to have seen live. Marjolein was a good bassist with them and her backing vocals will also be missed.

I hope the band takes their well earned break, and comes back refocused on making a great album. I really like the direction they've taken with Disclosure and Afterwords.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2014, 01:46 
Third chance
Third chance

Wow I am not a person good with change. I just love the Gathering. I have flown to the Netherlands three times to see the Gathering and twice to Mexico. This band just means so much to me. I am so mad at myself for missing them this past January. I would have flown over in a heartbeat but I didn't keep current and I missed them. I have met all the band members four times and each and every time both with Anneke and Silje and they were so nice to me. They even remembered my name and Marjolein even listened to me when I was having troubles with my wife(now my ex). But there music is just so wonderful I do hope they play again.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2014, 03:47 
Third chance
Third chance

:<
Thanks to The Gathering and Marjolein for all these great years. It's been great to see them live and meet some great friends sharing the same love for TG over the years.
Anyways I look forward to the return of TG in whatever form they take in the future.

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2014, 17:42 
King for a day
King for a day

after the break, what about celebranting Mandylion (20 years later) full performing that record in 2015?