forum
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:20

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2014, 01:16 
Third chance
Third chance

Hi all,

I'm attending both Shows.
I intend to arrive between 11:00-12:00 in the morning.

Any plans to meet up before the show?

My mobile number is +31646398680

My last two (in one weekend) were the firsts with Silje in Heerlen and Purmerend.
2011, 2012, or ?

See you all tomorrow, really looking forward to these special TG shows.

Regards, Michel (Snorkel)

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2014, 14:15 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Hi everyone!

The day has finaly come! Have a nice day today! We're leaving now for the tonight gig! Can,t wait!

xx Ilse

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2014, 10:44 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Hey! this was a great performance!

Thank you The Gathering, for having this idea of gathering everyone in this greaaat venue, and finally leting me feel a little bit younger during 2 hours...
It was cool to live again this moments I use to live years ago on so many great songs that inspire me :)

One more things: Hats off to you TG, regarding the physical effort:
2x2,5h of music in one day!

Thank you! And keep in mind your music is to stay forever :)

Last edited by Erwan on 10 Nov 2014, 20:46, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2014, 12:21 
Third chance
Third chance

What Erwan typed... Incredible shows!

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2014, 15:00 
King for a day
King for a day

I will miss that show forever :(

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2014, 03:22 
King for a day
King for a day

It was the best two shows of my life and it was my Birthday! Now, every year on my Birthday I will be reminded of this special time! :green:

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2014, 14:56 
King for a day
King for a day

A dream that has finally come true :D The first TG show in my life and also the one that I will remember to the end of my days. Still can't choose the epithets for what happened on a Sunday night — unbelievable? fantastic? breathtaking? words are so poor...

Thank you, guys. Now I can die in peace, no matter where and how :flower:

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2014, 14:59 
King for a day
King for a day

BridgeToClarity wrote:
and it was my Birthday!

Mine also (10th of November in Russia cfmt during the show) :green:

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2014, 17:58 
King for a day
King for a day

I haven't been here in years, but it's good to be able to return to say what a fantastic show that was on the evening of 9 November. Like most of the rest of you, I can't imagine that anything will ever surpass it, and I'll spend the rest of my life wanting to go back and do it all over again. :wink:

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2014, 02:25 
Traveller
Traveller

I am in agreement that it was the best show ever, and I got to see it again the same day! For the early show I was down in front, able to see the band up close. I could tell it was emotional sometimes especially for Anneke to sing these songs for the first time since we said goodbye in Finland. For the second show I was back by the sound board. That was also a great spot because the sound was even better, and it was already great the first time.

There are a couple of differences in how I felt during each show. The first show was full of surprises with each song they chose to play, and who would be on stage to play and sing it. I thought it was fantastic how they started the show with all the singers up there for Saturnine. That set the stage for how it would go all night. Then they went right into Strange Machines. That's what I call starting with dessert :) It was amazing to hear songs such as Nighttime Birds, Leaves, and In Motion #1 with the backing vocal harmonies live like never before. I've always wanted to hear them that way and it was a dream come true that it actually happened. I never got to see Nighttime birds before this show and to have it played in this way was amazing.

For the second show, we already knew what was going to happen so we were more in a party mode cheering and having fun the whole time. We were doing that for sure the first time too, but it felt a little looser. Maybe it was the beers had between shows ;) I was also having some sad feelings that this could be the last time I hear some of these songs this way with Anneke, or anyone for that matter. We don't know what the band is going to do after this. Travel is always special for everyone and here especially with all the singers joining for the end. Waking Hour is a favorite of mine that I only got to hear previously at the infamous last headlining show in New York in 2007. I enjoyed hearing it here very much.

I went to the first Always... reunion show in 2012, so I was prepared for the intensity of those songs. Bart is a maniac! He is absolutely awesome live. And King For A Day is probably my favorite song from the album because of Marike's chilling vocals. She hits the high notes with such power. She was the singer on that stage people are least familiar with, but she impressed. Anneke gave her a big compliment after she helped with In Motion #1.

Some of my favorite songs are the newer ones like Heroes For Ghosts. Hugo played most of the show, and these were the only times we got to see Marjolein play. She's also a fifth singer, doing great backing vocals to Silje. They always sound great together. The last song, I Can See Four Miles, was a great way to end the show with everyone on stage. Anneke was playing a floor tom. (Did anyone else notice her twirl the drumstick in her hand? :lol: ) Noel putting down the trumpet and adding a third guitar to the stage. Hugo and Marjolein both playing bass... everyone doing something. I think it was a really cool way to end the show.

I think the crowd was great. They loved every song. I was concerned there might be too many people only interested in Anneke coming back, but even if they went in that way they showed their support for all the singers present. I'm sure for some it's the first time they saw any other singer and maybe even heard some of the new material. I think they were impressed. I hope people realize just what a special band we have here. These guys make great, honest music and that's what allows the singers to really shine.

Wow, that turned into a mini review. I must have had a lot of thoughts to get out :o

One of the best things for me is all the nice people I've met at these shows. I got to catch up with people I haven't seen in a long time. People from the NL, Sweden, Brazil, Germany and so on. I was bouncing around so much, I never had quite enough time with anybody. There were a lot of us from North America, including a large and always enthusiastic group of Mexican friends :green:

A friend recorded the shows with a dedicated audio recorder. These will only be uploaded after the band releases their live CD from this. I filmed only 2 songs from these shows. I mixed this good audio with my video and uploaded them to YouTube.

Saturnine (second show beginning): http://youtu.be/6xvieyFup0g
In Motion #1 (first show): http://youtu.be/8fgIjlOQnE8

Cheers

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2015, 16:48 

"Last Visit: October 3rd, 2013"

WOOOOW... I hadn't come back here in a LONG time... I felt nostalgic during the weekend and felt the urge to come back here, the place where a lot of things started for me in my life. A place where I've met some of the most wonderful people on earth and whom I happy to call my friends after so many many many many years :)

I wish people would still come back here, but with social networks such as Facebook now, everyone's everywhere else. Still there's magic here, I truly hope this site never disappears, such an important part of my journey.

The gigs where great, I hope we have some news concerning the band soon. Amazing bunch of musicians and warm as hell.

Besos everyone.