The Gathering

forum
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 12:24

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2007, 16:53 
King for a day
King for a day

drifting-into-oblivion wrote:
I am in Holland now....and now I am sure I will go to this gig :green:

Thanks to Preacher & bidibidibib for the help with directions. Much appreciated :D

Looking very much forward to a great evening at the show. :wink:

See you all there!

We didn't see you at the gig... :-?
Were you there? Couldn't you find us?

It was very nice to see all the people there, Larrylar, Maris, Vork, Shrink + girl etc...

I had a good time as always, pity LadyNephilim was sick so she couldn't join us :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2007, 02:58 
Traveller
Traveller

Preacher wrote:
drifting-into-oblivion wrote:
I am in Holland now....and now I am sure I will go to this gig :green:

Thanks to Preacher & bidibidibib for the help with directions. Much appreciated :D

Looking very much forward to a great evening at the show. :wink:

See you all there!

We didn't see you at the gig... :-?
Were you there? Couldn't you find us?

It was very nice to see all the people there, Larrylar, Maris, Vork, Shrink + girl etc...

I had a good time as always, pity LadyNephilim was sick so she couldn't join us :cry:

Nice to hear you had a good time at the show. :D Sorry to hear about Lady Nephilm being sick. :( Hopefully she is feeling better now.

Yes, I was at the gig, but unfortunately I didn't see you either or many of the others I would have liked to. :(

I arrived kind of late after 9pm (21:00) , but still waited for quite awhile to enter. Finally got in maybe 5-10 minutes before TG started. The venue was very full much to my surprise......so myself and my friend I went with stayed near the back of the venue.

I think I might have spotted Ken around the soundboard?? The show was well underway at that point.

On the plus side, it was an excellent gig once again and my friend really enjoyed the show as well. :D She was not really familiar with TG beforehand, but had a very nice time. We had to leave a bit early during the encore to catch the last train back to Amsterdam....so couldn't stay around to look for everyone after the gig.

I'll be back for sure. Just need to wait for TG to schedule some for NL gigs. :green:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2007, 02:20 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

pinovino wrote:
hiwi wrote:
however the audience was a bit strange (no offence), but whats the deal with watching a concert, when you are blabbering all the time? :roll:

That's the Dutch disease. I don't get it either, and I *AM* Dutch.

It's because a lot of dutch people go to a concert to have fun with friends, not neccesarily because they are a big fan of the band that's playing :). I take my friends to TG concerts too and they have an enjoyable time there, but because they aren't uber fans sometimes they are talking amongst eachother.. should I leave them at home next time :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2007, 08:37 
Third chance
Third chance

Quote:
.. should I leave them at home next time

No, just tell them to keep quiet because you want to listen to the *music*. If you want to hear *their* voices you can visit them anytime you want and have a conversation without paying 15 Euros or so...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2007, 21:00 
King for a day
King for a day

pinovino wrote:
Quote:

No, just tell them to keep quiet because you want to listen to the *music*. If you want to hear *their* voices you can visit them anytime you want and have a conversation without paying 15 Euros or so...

WORD! :flower:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2007, 07:08 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

pinovino wrote:
Quote:

Nah, I'll just have them stay at home then, coz I don't feel like having to babysit them because else the 'hardcore fans' get irritated. Anyway, perhaps it's not a good idea for TG to keep playing at these small venues all the times, because they'll always attract a lot of the local folk who often come with friends, and who are just interested in the music, not neccesarily fans, and who indeed as you say can't keep quiet all the time :). If you discount the fact that you can choose your venues more carefully, there's really nothing you can do bout changing the dutchman... I think don quijote had a thing or two to say about that ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2007, 13:38 
King for a day
King for a day

Scalare wrote:
Nah, I'll just have them stay at home then, coz I don't feel like having to babysit them because else the 'hardcore fans' get irritated.

Maybe that's a good idea... Or just stand as far away from the stage as possible so your friends won't have to shout so hard when talking about their week's work (or whatever...)
I think there is a clear distinction between people who make comments every now and then and others who are discussing why they have to buy a new car and what it should be (or some similar silly thing...).
Why do you even want to have a complete conversation if you have to shout from the top of your lungs? Isn't the music just an annoying factor in that case? So why do you come to the gig if not for the music?
When you are at the movies, you keep your mouth shut too, don't you? So why not at a concert? I don't see much diffirence between the two :roll:

Scalare wrote:
Anyway, perhaps it's not a good idea for TG to keep playing at these small venues all the times, because they'll always attract a lot of the local folk who often come with friends, and who are just interested in the music, not neccesarily fans, and who indeed as you say can't keep quiet all the time :). If you discount the fact that you can choose your venues more carefully, there's really nothing you can do about changing the dutchman...

That is true. A tour of small places and in weekends only, you get a lot of the locals that go to that place every weekend and it just happens there's a band playing that night. They don't care about the music, they just want to get drunk so they shout through the whole gig and with every beer their voice gets louder :evil:
I'd rather have other venues too, where this 'problem' wouldn't happen. On the other hand, by touring these venues, it makes The Gathering more accessible to people who don't know them and thus get a larger fan base... And that is also a big part of touring of course :wink:
We just have to live with it unfortunatly...

Scalare wrote:
I think don quijote had a thing or two to say about that ;)

:green:
Of course this is a pointless conversation, especially on the forum since only the 'real' fans come here and they do shut up. :wink:
But I know the band finds it very annoying too when people just babble through the more quiet parts and you hear more people talking then singing so we can ventilate our frustration about it too, I think :flower:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2007, 20:36 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

Preacher wrote:
Scalare wrote:
Nah, I'll just have them stay at home then, coz I don't feel like having to babysit them because else the 'hardcore fans' get irritated.

Maybe that's a good idea... Or just stand as far away from the stage as possible so your friends won't have to shout so hard when talking about their week's work (or whatever...)
I think there is a clear distinction between people who make comments every now and then and others who are discussing why they have to buy a new car and what it should be (or some similar silly thing...).

Well, that's not people like friends who are interested in the gathering, that's just people who are at the venue where the gathering happens to play ;)

Quote:
Why do you even want to have a complete conversation if you have to shout from the top of your lungs? Isn't the music just an annoying factor in that case? So why do you come to the gig if not for the music?
When you are at the movies, you keep your mouth shut too, don't you? So why not at a concert? I don't see much diffirence between the two :roll:

Well, I think you should realize that the most important reason why people go to concerts is to have fun :)

Scalare wrote:
Anyway, perhaps it's not a good idea for TG to keep playing at these small venues all the times, because they'll always attract a lot of the local folk who often come with friends, and who are just interested in the music, not neccesarily fans, and who indeed as you say can't keep quiet all the time :). If you discount the fact that you can choose your venues more carefully, there's really nothing you can do about changing the dutchman...

That is true. A tour of small places and in weekends only, you get a lot of the locals that go to that place every weekend and it just happens there's a band playing that night. They don't care about the music, they just want to get drunk so they shout through the whole gig and with every beer their voice gets louder :evil: [/quote]

Yup, you'll always get those people :) And the local venues ofcourse don't do anything about that because they know the people in question, they are there every week, and hey, for some bands it's fitting to have drunk people shout on the top of their lungs ;)

Quote:
I'd rather have other venues too, where this 'problem' wouldn't happen. On the other hand, by touring these venues, it makes The Gathering more accessible to people who don't know them and thus get a larger fan base... And that is also a big part of touring of course :wink:
We just have to live with it unfortunatly...

Yup, that's really true. But well, I'd hate it if the gathering only played at venues like paradiso, but really that's I think where you should go if you want to go to a TG concert as a really hardcore fan and if you're very annoyed by local people blabbering while TG plays ;)

Scalare wrote:
I think don quijote had a thing or two to say about that ;)

:green:
Of course this is a pointless conversation, especially on the forum since only the 'real' fans come here and they do shut up. :wink:
But I know the band finds it very annoying too when people just babble through the more quiet parts and you hear more people talking then singing so we can ventilate our frustration about it too, I think :flower:[/quote]

Whehe yeah I know that is the case, though the gathering is the only band I know that values peace and quiet so much at their concerts :P. Heck, bands like BZB or WC experience don't consider thheir concerts a success unless everybody is drunk, yelling and throwing glasses of beer at eachother ;). Besides all that, no hint is as solid to a drunk local as a hint in his own language. So next time, Anneke, please dig deep into your roots and yell "Euj stelletje vèrkenskoppe! Kunde gullie nou eindelijk es oewe bek houwe? Mooi!"

Post subject: Den Bosch
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2007, 23:08 
Third chance
Third chance

I don't know of any other reason to see a concert than to listen to the music. There was a cafe right across the street from the W2 and if people wanted to talk they could have saved 15 euros and spent it on beer at the cafe and let the people who came to hear the band, hear the band. I will say that I think the Dutch audience was much better during the quieter parts than American audiences.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7