The Gathering

forum
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:59

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2011, 14:33 

Date Friday 8th July 2011
Venue Circo Volador, Mexico City (Mexico)

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2011, 15:57 
Traveller
Traveller

Nice!

My photos! (some gigs, including TG)

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2011, 19:56 
Third chance
Third chance

Will be there for sure!! 8)

PostPosted: 07 May 2011, 02:22 
Third chance
Third chance

Mexico City is my home town as far as The Gathering is concerned! I'll be attending!

PostPosted: 13 May 2011, 22:06 

Those are great news Eric :D :D :D :D :D we'll sure have a blast. Anyone else coming from your side of the world?

PostPosted: 16 May 2011, 16:33 
Third chance
Third chance

I no longer live in that part of the world... If I did I'd be there for sure! :)

Since I've moved back to Brazil, I will attend the concerts down here.

PostPosted: 17 May 2011, 18:52 
Third chance
Third chance

I just went to a couple of websites and they had the band playing on Saturday july 9th so I came back to the website and forum to double check and I trust you guys and you have the eighth of july.
Hey nomalperson it will be good to see you. I just went and did some more investigating and I can get tickets from ticket master and print them right at home.

PostPosted: 17 May 2011, 19:34 
Third chance
Third chance

Great to see all of you!

larrylar: I'm going to get tickets at the venue, I remember they give discounts if you showed them a foreign passport in 2007.

lukaz: heh, I wanted to go down to South America but the planning/time/cost was too much. Maybe next tour!

fari: (already emailed you) I'm sure we'll hear from more of them soon!

PostPosted: 27 May 2011, 14:07 
King for a day
King for a day

Its been ages since the last time a posted something here.

Im sooooooo there, obiously. Its gonna be great to see Larry and Eric again after some years.

Lets get ready to start the queue at 5 am :D

PostPosted: 28 May 2011, 04:51 
Traveller
Traveller

I will be there! I'm really looking forward to visiting Mexico again.

PostPosted: 28 May 2011, 22:37 
King for a day
King for a day

I just watched the videos form yesterday's gig. I can't wait for July 8th! First row with the noisy gang :D
Eric & Mike, would be amazing to be with you again.

PostPosted: 30 May 2011, 00:49 
Traveller
Traveller

Larrylar, when are you going to be there? I will arrive Thursday and leave Sunday. Eric will plan his visit once he's back from the Netherlands. You can PM me if you want to talk about plans.

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2011, 02:01 
Traveller
Traveller

I was just going to buy tickets from ticketmaster, but the option to print at home was not available. Only various will call and mailing options. I guess I'll just buy a ticket when I get there.

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2011, 00:25 
Traveller
Traveller

I cannot believe nobody has posted about this amazing concert yet! People need to hear about it. I was one of a few Americans to make the trip down for this. The Mexican fans gave The Gathering a very warm welcome. Loud, continuous applause for every song, yet everyone got quiet when Silje approached the mic so they could hear her voice clearly. Exactly how a crowd should be! Several times a chant would break out between songs in Silje's or the Gathering's name bringing smiles to the whole band. They called us the best crowd on the tour.

They certainly earned the response, playing one of the best shows I have seen them play. They really rocked the place. The new songs were as well received as the more familiar ones. One stand out song for me was the surprise encore On Most Surfaces. Heavy 8) Rene's guitar was going through a Mesa amp with a big fat crunchy sound and it was perfect. Marjolein's bass had a deep, not boomy sound and that made for a good live mix. Actually she blew out a speaker on her bass amp, I think during On Most Surfaces. I'm guessing it was the distorted bass effect that pushed it over the line. It was so Metal :evil:

It was great to see this show with so many friends I've made because of this band. I'm ready for next time!

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2011, 22:38 
Third chance
Third chance

I had such a great time. I took the subway to and from the concert. I got lost going to the show but I allowed so much time to get there I had a Mexican police official help get off on the right stop. I thought the band was terrific and it was well worth the effort. It was great to see Abbath and Faridee,Victor
Eric. Just a terrific time. Cheers till next time. Larrylar

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2011, 17:18 
King for a day
King for a day

Mike, you are so right about your review! :green:
And yes... Where is everybody? :-|

Last night I started to write on my blog about this concert. It took me a while to start. It's gonna be a long long post because it brought me memories from 8 years ago, so I think I'll write little by little, so I can be sure to mention trips and special details about every gig I've been.

This concert was very different because, for the first time, The Gathering was moved to the lobby of the venue because the tickets sales were very low compared to the previous gigs, where the band played on a the main stage, kind of 4 or 5 times bigger than the lobby. We were a little sad because of that, because we knew TG lost many Anneke's fans since The West Pole was launched, but the true fans were still outthere :D waiting for this day to come: to see the band playing again in Mexico :green:

As Mike says, the crowd was amazing, all of us were so so happy to see the band again, and it was really touching to see and hear so many voices and cheerings bringing a special and warm welcome to Silje to the band. After two years, Silje's voice was perfect. I was listening last night too to those tryouts recordings, where she was still very nervous from time to time and her voice was kind of unsure on certain songs. She sings perfect now :D

We all could see that she was touched by the crowd, and of course the rest of the band was wearing a big smile the whole time. I've never seen a crowd and a band so connected. This gig was really special, and I could say this has been the best performance of TG I've ever seen, because all of us where singing the whole time, jumping, cheering, screaming... amazing. For those hours, time didn't matter, the size of the venue was no longer important. The setlist was beautiful. We heard songs I've never thought they played ever, like "Herbal Movement" or "Shot to Pieces".

It was so nice to enjoy that concert with friends that we don't see that often :)

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2011, 03:00 
Third chance
Third chance

Nice to read such nice reviews! :)

Sound like it was an incredible show.

The concert in Brazil was very nice too ... Same thing, a smaller crowd, but people were really into it... The whole crowd was made up of true Gathering Fans, very cool atmosphere.